Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mathew Mishmash-ed!

There’s this little lady I visit online almost every other day, just to torture myself.

Not because she’s a great cook (she is!!) but because she goes one notch up above the rest and displays works of art rather than mere dishes. Droolworthy, eyepopping creations which make me want to run to the refrigerator and stuff myself up.


That’s the lady Mishmash.


Anyway, couple of weeks ago I came across this recipe of hers which I knew I HAD to try. I was waiting for a weekend when again, I chanced upon this other blogger’s post on his Mom’s biryani – Mathew - of the tongue-in-cheek, and sometimes tongue-outside-cheek wit and priceless humor.


His post reminded me of Kerala. Now, what I like BEST about Kerala is the FOOD! Actually what I like about ANY place is the food… but lets not get into that now. :(

*cough cough*


So, where was I? Oh yeah, Food.

:|


So.. I made this for the ‘Hungry Mouths’ a week or so ago and have been waiting to post this. But you know how busy a jobless person can be. :D

Anyway, ‘featured’ ;) here is Mishmash’s Mutton Fry on a bed of carrots (my idea of healthy salad… who am I kidding!) and a tomato cup of thick creamy yogurt embedded(?) in Mathew’s Savolaa.. Giri.. Giri.. Biryani.


Shn? Mathew? Very many thankoos for the deliciocity ketto! ;)

And that’s echoed by my phriends who masquerade as my guinea pigs.

18 comments:

mathew said...

Thats freaking awesome...I feel like the guy who won the Mr.Universe!!;-D

Someone actually trying out what i wrote in that blog..you sure have lot of guts!!;-P

thanks a lot for taking that fatal risk..You are awarded the 'Rashtriya Param veer Bhakshiya seva medal' for undertaking this dangerous mission and inducted in Mathew's kitchen hall of fame!! ;-D

--xh-- said...

just whn i thought i will have a salad for dinenr today, u made me drool with mutton fry and biriyani...
looks yummy... and makes me want to go adn have anything otehr than salad... :(

Macadamia The Nut said...

@mathew
LOL! Mr.Universe winners okke ippo will start jumping off cliffs ;)

You should thank my pals... heh heh heh.. I eat only after I ensure that they don't drop dead :D

*grabs the Rashtriya Param Veer Bhakshiya Seva medal and hides it before Mathew can change his mind*

@--xh--
Chee! If God wanted you to eat salads for dinner he's have created you as a cow instead. :D

Mishmash ! said...

Just saw your message and yeah you made my day :) dank u..danku...Lady Mishmash is quite pleased ;)

Chicken biryani with mutton fry....thats one hello of a combo...i wish i could have that for lunch today....you re actually torturing me now :)

oops.... I missed the award ceremony!! :D

Macadamia The Nut said...

@mishmash
Gosh you should've seen the way we ate. Alkaaru would have thought that our parents never fed us :D Between you and mallugirl you contribute to my calorie count. Hmmfffppphhh!
;)
*hugs*

K.C. said...

That looks SOOOO good! You were so creative with this one! I may have to try it out next time I go out with my friends! KC

Benaam Badnaam said...

hmm...mmm..mmmmm...

i like it when ppl realize tht food is one of the best canvas available to ppl...who find it difficult to color within the lines...

and jst like painters it comes naturally to sme ppl like us...(and then when u get confused a lil...abt the shades and tones....u refer to the head chef {read mom}

Sayani said...

ohh left my mouth watery (thats not fair!!! ;P)

loved it all thru

Shah cooks said...

i too loved shn's mutton dish.. so i should mathew's biryani now!! mutton fry with chicken biryani is a great combination. i normally do chicken fry with mutton biryani.:)yum

Macadamia The Nut said...

@mallugirl
It's 6:30am here.. indecently early for me to be thinking of biryanis and meat.. :d and yet... i can't wait for breakfast now :D

indra nil haldar said...

macadamia, a look through your blog put an end to my feeble dieting effort. in a nutshell, this blog is good enough to provoke people to commit sinful fatty crimes. thogh, I must admit, it doesn't take much to provoke me!

indra nil haldar said...

macadamia, a look through your blog put an end to my feeble dieting effort. in a nutshell, this blog is good enough to provoke people to commit sinful fatty crimes. thogh, I must admit, it doesn't take much to provoke me!

Macadamia The Nut said...

@indronil
:D Heh heh! Muchas muchas gracias!

Unknown said...

mmm..yummy....awesome pictures..u really did water my mouth...mutton is my fav dish...this blog may be useful fr my mom too..anyways keep blogging

Anonymous said...

i dont eat mutton but i can replace it with my chickku chicken :P. yummy

Antigone said...

i am weeping tears of joy...i so love this blog...
going to try these pronto...

Macadamia The Nut said...

@vasu
Thanks :)

@geet
I'm sure you can. I'll try it too :D

@antigone
LOL!! Thanx

The Entropy of Smruthy said...

totally love your blog