Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chilly Chicken For Fire Eaters

Sometimes I think the only reason people come to visit me when I go home, isn’t to go huggy kissy on me but to eat Latha’s food. Sigh!

But hey, who cares as long as I get to do the honors first :D

This is (she claims) her original recipe for chilly chicken. And I have to agree. I’ve never quite had the same taste elsewhere. But a note of warning: You might want to adjust the spice level, because her’s always leaves me gasping for water after the first few bites.

And since I like gasping I follow her proportions to a T :|

;)


Anyway, You’ll Need:


For The Marinade:

Boneless chicken cut into small cubes – 2 lb

Maida/All purpose flour – 3 tablespoons

Cornflour – 2 teaspoons

Chilly powder – 1 ½ teaspoon

Freshly ground pepper – ½ teaspoon

A small pinch of red food color – optional

A small pinch of ajinomoto – optional

Egg – 1 large

Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon

Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon

Tomato sauce – 1 ½ tablespoon

Juice of one lime

Salt to taste – Add less than the quantity you normally use, because Soy Sauce is salty. You can add more later after you mix everything.


For The Butter Fry:

Unsalted butter - 1 ½ teaspoon

Green chillies slit lengthwise - 10

Curry leaves – 15 leaves


Method Of Preparation:

- Combine all the marinade ingredients together (except chicken)

- Check the salt and spice proportion

- Add chicken and mix well

- Refrigerate for 30 minutes

- Deep fry on low to medium heat – I burnt them this time :(

- Remove and keep aside

- Now in another pan, heat the butter

- Add the green chillies and curry leaves and fry for two minutes on medium heat

- Remove and empty the contents on to the fried chicken

- Toss well and serve

14 comments:

Akshay said...

This one goes to my mom..... all i need to do is take a print out....Thanks

Macadamia The Nut said...

@akshay
:)) Flattered

Shah cooks said...

who's latha?that does look fiery. will try it out on my next chicken cooking and let u know.

Macadamia The Nut said...

@mallugirl
She's our maid back home. An ultimate blessing.. touchwood.

§ωατι §ετhι said...

Ohh wow!! This is so cool.. ummm...sorry..Hot!! ;)
I'll try it out..n m going to keep an eye on this blog.. :D
M quite a foodie.. but I guess its time I learn to cook a few things.. ;)

mallugirl said...

ah..maids..luxuries of the third world!!

Macadamia The Nut said...

@swati
awww! Thanks Swati! :D

@mallugirl
Definitely! Sigh!

Nefariousoutlook said...

lady!!! nice recipies...why dont u start some cooking classes..also think of compiling and publishing them...am sure u can make a few bucks selling them to the new cooks :D

rantravereflect/ jane said...

wow.. tat looks yumm man!
it inspires me to blog a post on my mom's proclaimed 'original' moslem mutton-dhaniya biriyani!!- n we're christian, can ya beat tat?

:)
neways, good job! keep it up!

Macadamia The Nut said...

@nefariousoutlook
LOL! *flattered*
But I'm just a short-cut chef. You should check out some of the other food blogs. *whew*


@rantravereflect
Thank Yoooo!
Let me know when you post the biriyani recipe :D :D

Jans said...

The dish does look fiery.....n im a big spice person. Gonna try this one soon....

Macadamia The Nut said...

@jans
Aww thanks Jans! Lemme know if you liked it.

Tairebabs said...

Just looking at the picture makes me hungry. Am going to try out the recipe. Thanks for the post.

Macadamia The Nut said...

@tairebabs
Lol! Anytime!