Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Wicked Rum Truffles

I love to cook what I love to eat :D
And chocolate is something I base my entire existence on.


This recipe, in particular is one of my most prized possessions simply because of the way it comes together within minutes to create a finger lickin’ sensation. You have to taste it to know what I'm talking about ;) trust me, you won’t be disappointed. But be warned, this thing packs quite a punch, especially if you go overboard with the rum.



You will need:

Dark cooking chocolate - 400 gms
Milk chocolate - 400 gms
Honey - 80 ml
Butter - 150 gms
Fresh cream - 200 ml
Raisins - 150 gms (optional)
Rum - 30 ml (add more if you want to get drunk)
Cocoa powder/drinking chocolate/chocolate dust - 3 tbsp


Preparation method:


1. Melt 400 gms dark cooking chocolate and milk chocolate with honey and butter over a double boiler

2. Heat the fresh cream seperately till it reaches boiling point and pour over the chocolate mixture

3. Combine well until it has a lovely velvety texture

4. Fold in the raisins and rum

5. Allow it to set

6. Shape into small balls

7. Roll them in cocoa powder, drinking chocolate or chocolate dust just before you serve

No comments: